APPENDIX 2. Evaluation questions.
Warm Up Questions of
- Purpose of this interview.– I was interested in talking with you
because you took part in our research about water, water management and
catchment risk in the Kongulai Catchment. Brief discussion of
interviewee’s role with respect to the Kongulai
- Walk through early meetings (to jog memory -- photos of participants in
meetings & Kongulai map)
NGOs and Government
Community Meetings – Tangisaliu vs Taboko
First separate workshops – (photos from workshops, map of Kongulai
Catchment used in workshops)
First small group meetings –
Questions of Change
- Questions about experience with water in the catchment – and
Thinking back to what you knew about water in the
catchment before getting involved, has your awareness of water changed? Of its
Connectedness to other issues?
- Water Management, Water Planning --
How has your
understanding of how water is managed (the process) changed as a result
of participating in these activities?
- How about your awareness of other people’s roles (systems awareness)?
Your relationship with these roles (for Government
Departments, include official relationships – other departments, community
-- as well as personal relationships?)
Who and in what way? Can you
give an example?
- Risk Assessment and discussion of conceptual diagram – (Show photos
from workshops developing the conceptual diagram)
How useful was this process?
- Did you encounter any new concepts in the process (of creating this
Social vs Biophysical aspects
Comments about the process?
- Do you see Water as being more important than you did before? In what
Are you more aware/ conscious of water in the
Questions of Participation
- How did you feel about being included in this research
- Has participating in this research changed the way you think about or act
- Was there anything new that you learned from the process? Anything
Questions of Relationships
- As a result of participating in this research, do you think or act
differently with other people/ other roles about water or catchment
- Are you more involved with other parties you met at the workshops? In what
- [For community], do community members talk more amongst themselves about
water than they used to?
- What do you think involvement in these meetings has meant to other