Fig. 2. A simplified representation of the different steps in the scale repertoire.
(1) The participant describes a narrative of the history, current situation and desired future for a project or region.
(2) The participant identifies key drivers of change along the narrative timeline.
(3) The participant describes dimensions that together capture key insights and lessons in the narrative.
(4) The participant outlines scales that structure these dimensions.
(5) The participant describes the narrative along different dimensions framed by scales, thereby describing cross-dimensional dynamics.